Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lazer Alarm, Any idea's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchutzhundK94

Hey Folks,

I've got a little project in mind. I was thining about making a Lazer Alarm, If anyones ever seen the movie "Entrapment" They'll know what I'm try design up lazer with 100's of mirrors. What would it take a to make a lazer alarm to shut off power to a computer system. Once the lazers beam path has been broke how could I trigger it to shut down a computer or a powered system?

Hum... this one gonna keep me thinking and awake all night gimme some feed back if anyones got some idea's.

- Ry

Look at my Laser Project:
**broken link removed**

As to Shutting off a computer, A relay on the Power to the computer, not that that is the best way. But I don't understand Why you want to shut down a computer?

Take care..........Gary

you cod use an relay to short circut the computer power switch (i sod as button)making the computer think you pused its power switch and startind the shutdown.this metod is safer (since you dont have mains voltege to work whith)and a bit beter for the computer

Gary thanks for the infomation, How about if I out a relay on the computer monitor would that couldn't hurt it. I just wanna disable my comp while I'm away and have a little fun with a laser project in my room.

PS: How would I build the relay?

You don't Build the Relay, You Buy it. It could be connected to the Line voltage of your monitor, so when the beam is broken, it disrupts power to the monitor, shutting it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back