Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latex Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on a latex editor that will help create advanced maths equations, I'm thinking of adding a link to it below the symbols on the right of the new post text area. It's a bit buggy at the moment but interested to see what you guys think.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/latex-editor/

Hi Guys,

I'm currently working on a latex editor that will help create advanced maths equations, I'm thinking of adding a link to it below the symbols on the right of the new post text area. It's a bit buggy at the moment but interested to see what you guys think.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/latex-editor/

That will be a huge help EM. Thanks!

Just testing it out I noticed that the + sign didn't seem to work. Also, is it going to be able to change, say dx/dy into a vertical fraction? Or is it a feature that could be added?

Looking forward to the finished product! :D

Regards,
Der Strom

[EDIT] Also having a bit of trouble with the exponents. I suppose I should just leave you alone and let you finish it before I start pointing out bugs :p It's looking pretty good so far, though ;) Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Just testing it out I noticed that the + sign didn't seem to work.

I think you found the first bug! It's not working for me either.

Also, is it going to be able to change, say dx/dy into a vertical fraction? Or is it a feature that could be added?

[LATEX]\frac{dx}{dy}[/LATEX]

Is that what you mean?

[LATEX]\frac{dx}{dy}[/LATEX]

Is that what you mean?

Yup. That's exactly what I mean. I was wondering if there was a way to do it automatically when you type in, say, (dy)/(dx). I have seen some editors able to do that.

Also, the problem I've had in the exponents is that I can only raise one thing at a time. In order to get, say, View attachment 61017, I have to type in x^(^4^-^y^)

Yup. That's exactly what I mean. I was wondering if there was a way to do it automatically when you type in, say, (dy)/(dx). I have seen some editors able to do that.

Also, the problem I've had in the exponents is that I can only raise one thing at a time. In order to get, say, View attachment 61017, I have to type in x^(^4^-^y^)

That's more about the actual latex language than the functionality of the editor, but what I think would be a good idea is to have the top group of "Common" functions and also some help file in there too...

Last edited:
[LATEX]C_{6}H_{6} + (CH_{3})_{3}CCl + AlCl_{3} \stackrel{heat}{\rightarrow} [/latex] [latex]black[/latex]__ [latex]goo[/LATEX]

That editor works great. It is the most intuitive one I have seen. I love the way the real time screen works. Only three very minor suggestions:

1) Can the drop downs be made just a little larger. I generally work on the PC without my grandpa glasses. But like I said, that is a tiny change and putting on glasses is no big deal.

2) When calling an operator, can the cursor be put within the brackets as a default position?

3) The "black goo" would not accept any spaces in the editor. But that was easy to add in this window. Edit: But they still don't work.

After all that, I forget to add the latex tags. Maybe they could be added automatically in the editor, so it is just a simple copy and paste.

John

Last edited:
I tried Latex this morning, and the nice little drop-down menu is missing. Maybe a hangover from the meltdown?

John

Hi,

It doesnt seem to be working at all now.

Hi,

Well something must have been changed in the software so EM is going to have to attack it and see what went wrong. Looks like it will be nice once it is up and running though. I think i'd be more apt to use Latex more often if it works nice, and Latex math formulations are easy to read.

BTW: I use this free package https://www.lyx.org/ for Windows to make the WYSIWYG formulas.
1) Basically create anew document.
2) Do "Insert Math/Inline formula"
3) Then copy the "actual formula". The latex code will be copied to the clipboard.
4) Then make a [latex] tag.
5) Do a paste after the tag.
6) Then add the [/latex] tag.
7) Then preview the results before posting.

It's nonetheless, an alternate way of creating the tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back