Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Latching relay driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

baba_sanfur

Hi All,
I need help in designing a latching relay driver. The relay is single coil and need 5v @ 200ma. The problem is that my MCU uses 3.3v GPIO.
The system must be extremely low cost, and consume as little power as possible.
I implement it by 4 MOSFET (2xN-ch, 2xP-ch) as an H bridge. The problem is with the voltage levels: to change one set of FETs (P + N) I need 5v or 0v – which I don’t have (MCU GPIO=3.3v). I tried to add 2xnpn transistor to drive the MOSFETs (ugly solution) and it didn’t work at all.
I added the circuit that I used; can anyone help my in designing this driver? Or have other solution to my problem (remember – low cost and power).

Thanks,
Nir

Attachments

• latching_relay.JPG
    latching_relay.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 698
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back