Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

latching/non-latching momentary switch??

Status
Not open for further replies.

goatboy

I'm working on a circuit that uses a NO pushbutton switch to activate the circuit, but turns it off when released. What I'd like is some way to wire in a circuit that allows me to use a NO switch but with the option to set the circuit to work normally (on/off with a single push) or latching (on till I press the switch again). So there would be 2 switches:
1) on/off
2) latching/non-latching

I'm suspecting logic circuits and/or relays may be involved. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
An SCR will do this, use one switch to trigger it and another to bypass it therefore turning it off.

This circuit alternates its output polarity for each push of the pushbutton. Push and it is on. Push again and it is off. Push again and it is on again, etc.

Attachments

• Alternate-action.gif
    Alternate-action.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 595
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back