Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Last online

Is this a good idea?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• I don't care

• what idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

Hi there. i have an idea. maybe there should be a page we could see when one user was last seen online on this page. it helps knowing if and when there is hope to recieve a PM reply or not...

maybe there should be a page we could see when one user was last seen online on this page.

it helps knowing if and when there is hope to recieve a PM reply or not...

I say no. I don't see any real advantage to this, AND this server will slow down on the pages your idea is implemented on if it is taken into consideration.

There is already a feature where you get a pop-up box when someone has sent you a PM since your last visit.

Actually Electro-tech used to have this function, but after engine update it vanished... Maybe it caused too much traffic/load so that Electro master left it out?

Sometimes I miss it though...

Jay.slovak said:
Actually Electro-tech used to have this function, but after engine update it vanished... Maybe it caused too much traffic/load so that Electro master left it out?

Sometimes I miss it though...

The forums run on PHPBB, so you can check at https://www.phpbb.com/ to see what facilities and addons are freely available. However, adding modifications can be bothersome as you often have to do the modification again after every update!.

well i was just wondering where our fellow Pike was as i wanted to ask some questions from him. anyome happen to have his E-Mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back