Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser Tagger project help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobi101

Hey all. I'm looking at doing a laser tagger project and I have a question about one of the features i'm going to be putting in. My idea is, instead of having a reload button on the side, i'd have a trigger set inside the magazine slot that would activate when i pulled the magazine out. I was wondering whether anyone knew of any triggers that activate when depressed or of a way to mod a normal button to do it? Thanks guys :D

- Jobi101

Hi Jobi,

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like what you're after is a normally-open momentary switch. This is as opposed to a switch which latches when you push it once, then unlatches when you push it again. Something like a lever-roller micro switch might work for you. This one has three solder terminals, so you can wire it either normally-open or normally-closed, depending on what your circuit needs. Hide it in the magazine compartment so that a magazine will engage the roller on the level and hold it in when the magazine is in place.

Is that what you're looking for?

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back