Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LASER RANGE FINDER! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrolinux said:
Hi everyone,
I'm designing a laser range finder using the technique of Amplitude Modulated Continuous Wave (AMCW). The range to be mesuared is up to 15 meters. As a photoreceiver, I have the well-known BPW77N phototransistor, but I'm afraid it doesn't have the sensibility enough for detecting light from such a lonf distance. As far as I've read, I'd need an avalanche photodiode (APD) or a built in photodiode-amplifier-filter to do the job. Since these VERY high sensitive components aren't readily available to me (and they might not be cheap !!), I wanted someone to advice me.
Thanks beforehand.
People! This is an old thread! Do not tack on your unrelated questions to someone else's thread because no one will see it! This seems to have been happening a lot lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back