Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laser diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProFPGA

Banned
Hi ,

I have just taken out a three pin laser diode from a old Asus CD ROM drive , model no:CD-S500/A . I have tried applying +5.0V across its terminals , but i dont see any light coming out of it .

Any clue how to used it , or have i already blown it ?

i forgot to mention its has three pins , one is clearly connected to its body , i can only guess what the other two are for .
So applying 5v might have blown it ???

Last edited:
A 3-pin laser diode is equipped with a monitor diode which "tells" the control circuit to increase or decrease current through the laser diode.

Connecting the laser diode directly to 5V you might as well look for another CD-burner to salvage a new one. :D

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back