Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laser Beam Tachometer With Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

iftikhar ahmed

Hi friends;

I want to buit laser beam contactless tachometer. any one have source code,schematic,or other related material about it. Please share it.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I also want to ask some thing from experts..

sensor --- ? ---- microcontroller.
What we use in between sensor and microcontroller??? opamp???

basic idea i know
1. there will be a light source.
2. a reflector on rotating shaft(or may be something other), that will reflect light coming from source.
3. a opto sensor for sensing reflected light, photodiode cuz it is only available in our local market.
4. some circuitry that take input from sensor and convert it into reasonable singnal that can be use with microcontroller. but i don't know much about this part. explanation needed.
5. A microcontroller, it will count input pulses coming from sensor for a given time and convert it into Round/Minute, and will display on our desired display.

Am i right if not then plz guide me.
thanks.

Thanks Ayne
I think the idea is correct.But the broblem is that how i get reflected light that give one pulse per revuolution. What about this laser reflecting material.

What do you want to measure the speed of?

Model aircraft fliers use a contactless RPM meter which simply counts light pulses caused by the shadow of the propeller.

Other sensors will work with simple black and white paint. Have a look at this page. It describes a line following robot but the circuitry for detecting light/dark is the same.

Mike.

hi,
You can buy self adhesive reflective strip, clean the shaft and adhere the strip along the shaft.

If you want to improvise, use a piece of aluminium kitchen foil.

Depending on the diameter of the shaft and the distance you want to space your detector away from the reflector, you can buy small red or clear reflectors from a local cycle/car shop.

If your shaft rotational speed isn't to high, you can use a small linear permanent magnet on the shaft, operating a reed switch.
Just have a simple RC filter on a +5v system.

Regards
EricG

Encyclopedia of Electronics Circuits, Volume 5 by Rudolf F. Graf, William Sheets

I need Encyclopedia of Electronics Circuits, Volume 5, Any one .please share it to me.

THANKS in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back