Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Large capasity batteires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterbenn

If anyone in the UK is looking for some high capasity batteries then go to ebay look for seller powerbat1000, I just got two AGM 200Ah ones for £100 each and thats not bad!

eBay has no listing for a seller named "powerbat1000".

What, is this what you got from "powbat1000"? **broken link removed****broken link removed**

What would you use this for? It's a VRLA telcom battery- it has a long standby life in float service but can only be recharged a handful of times. Very short service life if you actually use it.

Lots of people have fallen for this scam. They're huge and appear cheap and sound reliable. People try to put them in boats, RV, or solar installations or whatever and they don't last 1/10th as long as a deep cycle would. I don't know what specifically limits their life but it's there. Even the mfg doesn't go into detail about their number of service cycles on the spec sheet- basically it's not even designed for cycling.

There was a guy on eBay selling a bunch of a different style. He had like 50 or 100 or something "were used in a solar installation". I researched them with the mfg, sales guy made it clear they were VRLAs NOT designed for cycling. Apparently this guy dropped a TON of cash on the wrong type of batt, probably already murdered them in a few months of use, and was now liquidating them without telling people what they were.

Last edited:
yeah you saw where I found him, right?
And the part about "don't buy this battery?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back