Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laptop system board repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dOptics

I accidentally plugged the connector from "Camera Conn" JP3 header on page 42 into "Inverter Conn" JP37 header on page 18. When I turn on my laptop, the fan spins up, but my laptop does not boot. I probably fried the KB925QF on page 34, correct? Is the KB925QF a chip that the laptop manufacturer custom programs? Could I have damaged other other components (resistors, diode, inductors, caps) on page 18?

Attachments

• compal IFxxx.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 681
Probably.

Although, if you did fry it, do you really intend to swap out a 140 pin uC? I couldn't even find a source.

What is so difficult about unsoldering and soldering a chip? There are KB925QF's on Ebay. Does the laptop manufacturer custom program this chip? If so, then it is a lost cause.

Does the laptop manufacturer custom program this chip?
That I do not know. Could not find a data sheet.

But for < $10USD, and, apparently little effort on your part to do the swap, what's the harm in giving it a shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back