Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cry_Wolf

i am having a toshiba satellite laptop. Its charger has stoped working its 19V and 4.74A. I have opened it every thing looks fine. i have checked its giving 19.01 Volts when not connected to the laptop and about 17.5 Volts when connected to the charger. The laptop is ok cauz i have checked it with other charger. What could be the problem ???? :confused:

The Device is the Power source AND charger for the laptop. Does your laptop work on the batteries alone?

What are the symptoms you are having then? What's not working? Maybe it's the batteries that are not working?

The output of the power supply reads 19.01V... have you mesed with the line near the plug that connects to the computer. This is really a soft spot for laptop supplies, as well as near the inline filter.

It's also possible that the femail connector from the computer is an issue.

Last edited:
Yes It is working on the battries. I have charged my laptop with other charger its working fine. There is absolutly no prob with da laptop...

I have checked its soft point also its also ok.

now what ???:confused:

thts not the problem buddy. actually i waant to get to the problem. can u help?? if any one cud help me finding out the problem in it i would be grate full

1) What is the voltage, open circuit and hooked up to your laptop for the charger that works?

2) What is it's current rating?

For example the charger that does not work is 19.1V open circuit and 17.5V when connected, it;s current rating is 4.74A.

3) When you charge the batteries with the other charger, does the computer tel you that it is 100% charged?

4) How long can you run the computer on the battery pack before you need to charge it?

5) When you use the "bad" charger, does the computer turn on at all?

6) When you use the "bad" charger with the battery pack removed, does the computer turn on at all?

Last edited:
Some laptop power packs are designed to give say, 19v on idle and will drop by as much as 30-50% when the charge circuitry kicks in. Toshiba and Mitac are two such brands that use this technique on some of their kit. Measure the drop on the 'good' charger with the same battery set and compare.

ok buddies thnx for ur help but some body just got problem with this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back