Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LAN network

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpj111

I have used a router to connect two PCs to broadband internet. Now I have small Lan I belive. How do I communicate between my two PCs. Is there any settings to be done. I want to send documents between two PCs in order to print ( which is connected to each of PC).

could you please give me some clue to try out

many thanks

mpj111 said:
I have used a router to connect two PCs to broadband internet. Now I have small Lan I belive. How do I communicate between my two PCs. Is there any settings to be done. I want to send documents between two PCs in order to print ( which is connected to each of PC).

could you please give me some clue to try out

many thanks

Hey mpj,

You need to provide more information, not least of which is what OS you are using. Since you didn't I am going to guess Windows XP. Entering 'windows xp network' into Google came up with this, which seems like a decent source for information:

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/default.mspx

Good luck!

Torben

just connect two computers through cross cable, then assign ip to both system in a way that ips of both are like a.b.c.d a.b.c.d+1 like that and go to run and put//IP OF THE COMPUTER then you will be able to acess the shared one of the computer or use remote desktop in Windows

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back