Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

L.E.D Temperature gauge for motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattersfield

Hi there, im totally new to electronics, and im wanting help, to build a temperature gauge for my motorcycle, theres allready a probe sender unit fitted into the radiator and from this i want to connect a circuit which will show the temperature by means of a series of l.e.d s ( 3 green, 3 amber and 3 red) As the coolant temperature gets hotter then the more lights will show. the range of temperature will be between 40c and 120c. Any help with this project would be appreciated. Thankyou, Jim.

tattersfield said:
Hi there, im totally new to electronics, and im wanting help, to build a temperature gauge for my motorcycle, theres allready a probe sender unit fitted into the radiator and from this i want to connect a circuit which will show the temperature by means of a series of l.e.d s ( 3 green, 3 amber and 3 red) As the coolant temperature gets hotter then the more lights will show. the range of temperature will be between 40c and 120c. Any help with this project would be appreciated. Thankyou, Jim.
hi,
Look at the datasheet for the LM3914 www.datasheetarchive.com

This ic can drive upto 10 LED's from a voltage signal.

We need more information on the 'sender'.

Hi there, all i know about the sender is that its a thermistor screw in capsule with two connectors. I will keep looking on the net to see if i can find out any more, Thanks for the LM3914 info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back