Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kv rating help

Status
Not open for further replies.

svdsniper

Hi

I am trying to find out what voltage and capacity an old 1960s lead acid battery was, i now know it was a 4.5v voltage but it is also listed as 18kv , can 18kv be converted into an Ah capacity rating?

Thank you for your help

svdsniper

That doesn't make any sense anyway, lead acid batteries always have a nominal voltage of a multiple of two; you can get 2V, 4V, 6V etc. batteries. This is because the cell voltage is 2V and batteries are made of many cells connected in series.

You might've measure 4.5V because the battery was half-dead and I doubt a 1960s lead acid batter will still work.

Hi

I just found a scan of a manual online and it states the battery is 4.5v , i see a line drawing of it and it seems to be three cells in series, i just had a message from another collector saying that it is a 5Ah capacity.
i tested my device today with a fully charged 4.5Ah battery and it ran for only 20 mins befor the lamp dulled down lol

That's three alkaline 'D' cell flashlight batteries.

'D' sized NiCad AH is also in that range but discharge voltage is about 1.25vdc per cell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back