Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

KT3170 Vs. MT8870 DTMF Decoders

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

Does there exists any differences in the decoding response of KT3170/MT8870 DTMF Decoders ?.
I am using MT8870 and have no capability to detect DTMF tones on on-hook state.
But somewhere (**broken link removed**) I have read about KT3170 is that,
Once a call is established (after hearing ring-back tone) on on-hook, if you dial ‘0’ in DTMF mode
KT3170 can decodes this as 1010 without attending the call.

If digit ‘0’ is not dialed (in DTMF) after establishing the call, the ring continues
and the telephone connected in parallel can be used for normal conversation.

If this is true I can simplify my DTMF project by replacing MT8870 with KT3170. In the case of MT8870 I have
to design complex ring detection circuit to automatically off-hook.

Many peoples obtained positive result by following the circuit in the above link using KT3170.
My phone-set have no caller id facility. Does there any possibility for the caller ID (CLIP) signal to come ?
Which mode is used to send caller information in India (FSK or DTMF). If it is DTMF, I think DTMF Decoders can detect DTMF tones on on-hook state.

Attachments

• Teleremote Control KT3170.PDF
    92.8 KB · Views: 381
You need to learn about the phone system in your country and it might be different in different parts of your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back