Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

kohler whirlpool tub pump 73572

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmette

I have one of these which has developed a ground-fault; after some diagnosis I believe the fault is in the temperature sensor used with the heater which is internal to the pump (way too complicated IMO; maybe that's why they quick making them and destroyed all the literature!!)

Anyway, I found this site doing a search for "Kohler 73572" and ran across this thread from 2012 started by Mishael:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/kohler-pump-what-does-everything-do.127960/

My questions are:
1) Anyone know how I would start looking for the temperature sensor used in this thing? It is a silver hexagonal component about 3/4" long with a short stud that screws into a brass insert in the pump housing; there are 2 wires (red & black) coming out of the back which plug into the control board under the motor.
2) I stupidly!! unplugged the sensor from the board without taking a picture, so not sure about the polarity of the leads. Any thoughts on how I could locate a wiring diagram or otherwise figure out the correct polarity.

By the way, Mishael, if you still have the pump, I may be able to help you with it OR if you'd like to sell it for parts I'd be interested...

Thanx for any replies,
emmette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back