Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Know how to remove the handle on a Tek 2235 scope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolvr

Anyone know how to remove the carry handle from a Tektronix 2235 oscilloscope? I'd like to mount this unit in a shelf on my test bench and I want to remove the handle but for the life of me I can't see an easy way to do it.

TIA

-- Dan

Have you removed the case yet?

Dean

For something like a scope they're not going to go for a cheap locking mechanisim on the handle cause if that comes off... wellll... not so good. It's either permentantly fixated to the side of the case (requireing cutting) or screwed in which is more likley. You're still gonna have to take the case off.

I haven't removed the case yet. Thought I'd ask here to see if I missed some clever retention scheme before I did.

Aha! That's the problem. Although earlier Tek 400-series (e.g., 453 & 454) had screw access to the tilt handle latch mechanism on the outside of the handle, the newer portables (made since 1976) do not. You have to pull the case off and then you'll likely find a single screw in the center of each handle latch mechanism. Don't lose the parts! And don't stuff that scope into so tight a location that it can't get proper cooling!

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back