Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

KKS Coding system

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDCHK

I'm in the Power Generation business.
We make use of the KKS coding system for signal tag identification.

Does anyone out there know the KKS system?
In particular, I'm more interested in the 3rd level breakdown.

The big companies like ABB and Siemens have developed some sort
of a standard over the years. I would like to know if there's anybody
out there with more precise experience related to the use of KKS 3rd
level signals (with regards to the equipment used either of these two companies?)

Thank you.

The KKS (Power plant Identification system:Kraftwerk-Kenneizechen-System) system is originated from German standard further refined and relaeased by M/s VGB Associates.
We also use this system for our NPP identification.
You can get more information about all breakdown levels in 'Wikipedia'
Regards
G Bipin

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately that's only half of what I'm looking for (or let me rephrase, what I already have). Back then I was working for a nuclear power generating company and we made use of KKS as most of the power stations in South Africa does. I've since then moved away from the power generation environment and now find myself in mining. Platinum and Chrome processing plants to be more specific.

I would have loved if the mining community used KKS, but as you've already mentioned, that coding system was and is only used for power stations. Pity though.

I too work for Nuclear Power Project in India.
As you wish the KKS may soon become useful in mines as well.

The RDS-PP - Reference Designation System for Power Plants may replace KKS

RDS-PP is the further development for the proven identification system for power plants KKS. Compared to this, it provides a number of innovations and extensions, coming up for today's requirements for designation of power plants components. In contrast to the KKS, RDS-PP was enhanced with a view on new forms of power generation, e. g. decentralized plants.

The new designation system is based on international standards, especially to DIN ISO 16952-1, DIN EN 61346-1 and IEC/PAS 62400, related to the structuring principles and the designation systematic. The VGB Working Panel "Reference Designation and Plant Documentation" takes an active part in the development of the RDS-PP and its underlying national and international standards.

The international harmonization of the RDS-PP and its constant structuring help to avoid errors and misunderstandings during the designation whereby the plant reliability is increased.

RDS-PP is - same as the KKS - a common standard for operators and manufacturers of power plants. The world-wide acceptance opens further potentials for long-term cost reductions when planning, construction and operating of power plants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back