Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kirchhoff Voltage Law in a two port network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype21

In a tutorial about h parameters of a two port network I find the below snippet unable to grasp. According to KVL, the total voltage in a loop is the algebraic sum of the individual voltages. But why in this tutorial ( equation 1 in below image ) it's given so. It should be something like V1 = h11 I1 + V2 according to KVL. What is this h11 V2 mean?

The whole tutorial is here.

Last edited:
h11 is the impedance of the resistor.
I1 is the current through the resistor
The voltage across the resistor is therefore h11 multiplied by I1 which is written here as h11 I1
V1 is equal to the voltage across the resistor added to the voltage across V2, so that is written as V1 = h11 I1 + V2

Notes:-
I don't understand equations (i) or (ii) or how they apply here. The h12 V2 term in equation (i) looks wrong to me.

Your link to the tutorial goes to the wrong place.

If currents are ac, and the impedances are not simple resistors, the same equation apply and Kirchhoff's laws still apply, but the currents, voltages and impedances have to be expressed as complex numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back