Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kids getting paid to acheive in school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man TCM, you must be typing like a geek movie star. It's a pain to read your long posts, sorry if I'm being direct here. I'd like to read them, but they're superfluous most of the time.

:D

He obviously has a lot on his mind, I haven't forgotten the time i spent in Italy as "that foreign kid" who had a very hard time learning the language but still outran the class and was hated for it. unfortunately the teachers kind of made the point: how can this boy who has come to us with such a disadvantage be better than you, is what they used to say in my first class, when it got to college and electronics I was just an embaressment to pupils and teachers alike, I know thats why my grades were not as good as they could have been even in electronics.

In our technological world we so easily forget what got us here, we take the things around us that the human race has produced for granted, if you ask most people how some they use works they will probably have no clue at all. what will happen when we have no more people clever enough to take progress forward ? as far as I'm concerned civilization as we know it will collapse in the future because we are too stupid to see the obvious. Evolution is not a theory, it's a fact ! if we want to de-evolve so be it !

Modesty nothing'.
I got handed my butt far too many times to not want to change who I was intellectually, morally, and in character and general self confidence. :(
I had my bully's and I took the crap they dished out until I developed thick enough skin to take it and enough self confidence to start out smarting them at their own game. :)
I may have started my childhood as a whiny weak little blond haired boy with fragile feelings but I grew out of it. I don't pull my punches and I have no problem hitting below the belt if I feel it justifies the nessisary ends to defeat a cheater or knock down a loud mouth who is asking for it. ;)
I didn't become who I am because everyone made me feel that I am the undeserving king of the world or that I am good at everything I do. Rather I became who I am to prove them wrong and show that in fact I can become someone who is better than them much to their dislike. :)

Saddly I feel a whole generation now is having that self confidence and character bleached right out of them and it sickens me. There are winners and there are losers in every thing and not everyone deserves ice cream after playing a bad game to make them feel better about performing poorly or because they met someone who is better than them at something. :mad:

I couldn't agree more.

Regards,

Torben

Boo Hoo, Little Bobby gets to have low self esteem now because he just found out he is dumber than dirt and now everyone else does not have to drop to his level any more to make him feel good about himself. And little Freddy for once gets to strut his stuff and stand proud because he is doing classwork a full grade level or two ahead of everyone else!

I my experience the most happiest and successful children aren't always the most intelligent. The best students are those that are hard working and are good at most things, from sports, to study to making friends. They're good at organising themselves and managing their time so they can study for exams, do their coursework and still have time for sports and a social life.

Unfortunately organising myself, making friends and sports are not my strongest points: electronics is my niche.

Man TCM, you must be typing like a geek movie star. It's a pain to read your long posts, sorry if I'm being direct here. I'd like to read them, but they're superfluous most of the time.

I am not even sure what that means or how I should take it? :confused:

Should I use less text and smaller words so the slow kids can keep up? :(

That way they won't start feeling bad about themselves when they think they have too much to read and understand? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back