Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kickstarter...anyone heard of or backed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard about Kickstarter, but haven't checked it out yet. It's a brilliant idea!

ZZ top joined today :)

Remember the only guy without a beard in the band had/has the name of Frank Beard...

Brings back memories..

Bring on the Eighties :)

Regards,
tvtech

Hi all

They launched the Pono Clear today. How cool is that :)?

You don't have to open it to see what is inside.

Amazing response worldwide for this project. Needed $800 000. Sitting on $5 772 663 as of today and still 5 Days to go.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Heard of it? Sure! I recently finished an electronic project on there. It was a modest project but I was funded something like 140%. Works just like advertized! I also backed some stuff on there and got some ingenuous things from there. But of course....backer beware!

Heard of it? Sure! I recently finished an electronic project on there. It was a modest project but I was funded something like 140%. Works just like advertized! I also backed some stuff on there and got some ingenuous things from there. But of course....backer beware!

Hi Rich

Welcome to ETO :)

What project may I ask did you do on Kickstarter? Just interested.

Regards,
tvtech

Oh well, Pono is storming ahead...LOL it's funny to see people changing their minds...

Like Neil Young had everything covered...explained a bit ..and lost a backer...within a few Seconds somebody else out there snapped it up.

Pono is as good as they say it is
. This is one Kickstarter that will rewrite Audio history books....

And just for interest sake....latest page update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1003614822/ponomusic-where-your-soul-rediscovers-music/posts

Stay well Guys,
tvtech

Hi Guys

$5,942,824 now and 53 Hours still to go. And 17,432 backers.

Crazy good stuff and trust from all.

Love this

tvtech

Hi Guys

The Kickstarter for Pono player ended tonight..

In the history of Kickstarter, the third most successful ever :D

Very cool :cool:

tvtech

Hi Rich

Welcome to ETO :)

What project may I ask did you do on Kickstarter? Just interested.

Regards,
tvtech

Since you DID ask, I created a small, affordable control panel PCB with push switches, LEDs and pots. It isn't any ground-breaking new technology, but it is something useful with the millions (literally) of Arduino's, Raspberry Pi and other microcontrollers out there. But there are very few cases, especially cases with machined front panels and a matching PCB for the user control. Now my last name isn't Sony, and I don't live in China, but I was able to keep the price low enough by buying parts and the PCB's in bulk, so you can get one ready-made and tested for a lot less than if you were to create your own, and the resulting control panels are 100% professional-looking. I have several more spin-off ideas.

Since you DID ask, I created a small, affordable control panel PCB with push switches, LEDs and pots. It isn't any ground-breaking new technology, but it is something useful with the millions (literally) of Arduino's, Raspberry Pi and other microcontrollers out there. But there are very few cases, especially cases with machined front panels and a matching PCB for the user control. Now my last name isn't Sony, and I don't live in China, but I was able to keep the price low enough by buying parts and the PCB's in bulk, so you can get one ready-made and tested for a lot less than if you were to create your own, and the resulting control panels are 100% professional-looking. I have several more spin-off ideas.

Hi Rich

That's cool. Funded 140% means you more than made your target :):)

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back