Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kicad, make a rectangular board cutout through the entire board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccurtis

Okay, I've spent way too much time on this and maybe it's not possible. I am making a PWB using Kicad and cannot for the life of me make a rectangular cutout through the interior of the entire board. I can make keep-out zones and they don't get copper in them, but there is board material in them. Has anyone done this using Kicad? Thanks.

Well, I finally found out how to do it. Select the edge cut layer on the right side panel. Draw a graphic polygon defining the cutout. Viola! Easy once you figure out how to do it. I guess not many active Kicad users here.

I use Kicad regularly but never had quite the need for it.
There is also the official KiCad forum where I believe one of the developers moderates.
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back