Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keys finder but in reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt-l-p999

i am doing a project where i need to so a similar design to a keys finder , but instead of pressing a button when you need to find your keys, your device bleeps when you get a certain distance away from your keys,s o you don't loose them in the first place , any ideas how i can do this.
cheers

You can buy a baby finder that sounds an alarm if the transmitter on the baby gets too far away from your receiver.

The receiver measures the signal strength of the transmitter. When the signal strength gets too low then it beeps.

A metal detector, but inverted, as soon as your keys are more than a certain distance away it beeps. The only trouble is it will also beep if you're next to a large metallic object.

i am doing a project where i need to so a similar design to a keys finder , but instead of pressing a button when you need to find your keys, your device bleeps when you get a certain distance away from your keys,s o you don't loose them in the first place , any ideas how i can do this.
cheers

Can this possibly be rigged to beep when come near than going away?

10 Q

Can this possibly be rigged to beep when come near than going away?

10 Q
It will be simple to make a radio transmitter and receiver that detects when the received signal is strong. The transmitter and receiver will be powered all the time then the transmitter might eat batteries.

It will be simple to make a radio transmitter and receiver that detects when the received signal is strong. The transmitter and receiver will be powered all the time then the transmitter might eat batteries.

hey audioguru, can you give me some directions as where to buy the suitable components to make it? 10Q

If you never want your keys more than a short distance away from you ever, wouldent remembering to carry this device take just as much effort?

Wrist straps.. The coily springy kind work real well. I would never trust my childs life or well being to an electronic device. The sole exclusion would be a baby monitor (audio) even then I check on them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back