Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keypad controlled Light dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.K

Hi there!

Im working on modifying a IR light dimmer, to be controlled by a keypad so that when a button is press it will illuminate and when another button is press it will turn of. I want to replace the infrared controller with a keypad. What kind of PIC chip as well as keypad should I use. Any ideas on what steps I need to take in order to be successful in doing this. I understand electronics but am freshly new to programming a PIC chip....I would greatly appreciate any help or ideas.

-Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't know about programming PICs but I can offer to make a design without microcontroller.

The circuit would mainly consist of a dual Flip-Flop (one for OFF/ON) and the other one for PWM (respectively phase control).

I also made a phase control circuit using an ATMEL ATTINY2313 with an ON/OFF option via remote switch and precise phase control from zero to 100%. This circuit is under test now and initial tests are promising with a 500W brushed AC motor to be followed by a 1,500W motor and later up to 5KW motors.

This circuit consists of two PCBs mounted as a sandwich to fit into a standard US wall outlet.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back