Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keypad Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickperson

This is basically 2 questions. For a final project in school, one of my ideas is to construct a keypad alarm system (very simplified). I am planning on having a 12 digit keypad hooked up so when the sequence 1 2 3 4 is pressed, the word OPEN scrolls on seven segment displays, if it's wrong, it scrolls CLOSED (I know how to do this). My 2 main questions are:

1 - How exactly do I wire up a keypad? Here is the one I am planning to buy:

Switches: Keypad - 12 Button

2 - How do I wire the circuit so when the correct sequence 1 2 3 4 is pressed, the word OPEN scrolls? I know how to wire the 1 2 3 4, but I don't know how to sequence it. For example, if 2 1 3 4 is pressed, the seven segments scroll CLOSED.

Thank you in advance.

I guess I should have mentioned, this was an introductory course. I was expecting this to be somewhat of an easy idea, because I would have no idea what software to use, or how do even do it in software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back