Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Key Pad For Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuts4tronics

Hello. I purchased several amazing spy cameras that have three circuit boards screwed together with posts separating the circuit boards. These particular cameras have a third lead for data. For a keypad, actually. One lead for the 12VDC, one lead for the picture transmission and a third lead for a keypad. There are 5 little buttons on these cams so you can make an amazing amount of changes. Just so you don't have to get up and walk a long distance and to make adjustments where the cam is actually going to be placed, a third lead was included so you could make adjustments with a keypad at the other end of the cable. I'm sounded redundant. Well, no matter how I beg the people who sold me the cams, they will not give me a source to purchase the keypad. Anyone got any sources? I Googled until I went insane but no results. The people I bought the cams from will NOT tell me who their wholesellers are!! I tried to find wholesellers but to no avail! Please help!

Without knowing the camera specification and data signalling protocol we can't help. There are many types of keypad available. Simply connecting one at random to the camera is pointless and may damage the camera.

Camera Particulars

Thank you for your response! The camera I bought is designated by the manual as "WDR COLOUR MODULE" "MO49-WDR380-002". It is a three-board and measures 1.5" x 1.5". The tag on the appropriate lead reads "AD-Key Remote Controller Port". It is made in Korea. The "signal format" is NTSC and PAL. Websites sell this particular camera under the designation "PC315UXP". The small manual has much technical information. I would greatly appreciate any info regarding the remote control. Thank you.

You will need to find out the remote controller port pinout and signalling protocol, and which contol signals control which camera functions.

cONNECTION

The remote control connection is RCA. One button opens the menu and the other four navigate via a small pop-up menu which appears on the screen. The handbook lists many, many functions. It's really mind blowing. This camera takes ambient light and turns night into day. I need to know who the manufacturer is so I can write them and obtain the remote control. Super Circuits will not budge on this although I have not written the owner yet. Super Circuits makes a lot of claims which turn out to be false and I called them on it. I returned items like cameras that certainly did not have the .0003 LUX value as claimed in their catalogue. I ordered a cable and it turned out that they just cobbled one together with shabby cable connections. I returned their batteries because I found some cheaper at Radio Shack. They are a multi-million dollar busines. Super Circuits did not refund the full amount claiming that they had to withhold a certain amount because they found "ink marks" on one of the cartons which they claimed made it unuseable. The carton was a very small white carton that contained a miniature camera. I protested and they refunded the amount. So you see my problem. I need the name of a wholeseller and then maybe I could get the name of the Korean company who makes my cameras and remotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back