Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keeping signal OR not letting signal float

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodturner550

I am working on a project that has two IR sensors that will turn high when triggered. They go low when the trigger is removed. I will be using one for each end of the movement of the DC motor.

What I need is for the one to drive the signal high and hold it high and the other to drive the signal low and stay low. I guess on one I would use a flip flop to get the low signal.

How do I keep the signal high till the next signal is sent?

woodturner550

Attachments

• motor control.jpg
    motor control.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 111
You could likely use a D flip flop like the 74HCT74 (or similar FF). The data sheet can be found here. You could configure it similar to what you see here.

You would use your sensors to toggle the Set and Clear inputs to the chip. I am sure other flip flops could be used as well or the same flip flop in other configurations.

Ron

I was thinking of SCR
An SCR will stay on after it's triggered until the current flowing from the anode to cathode is stopped. That's not readily done in his circuit. SCRs are usually used in AC circuits where the current normally goes through zero each half cycle and resets the SCR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back