Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keep projector on in little alarm clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonxd

I have a small battery powered alarm clock. It also has a projector in it. This projector is activated with a push of a button. That makes it stay on for 5 seconds. If you hold the button down, it beeps and stays on for 5 minutes. I would like to cross some wires somewhere to make the projector always stay on. I have tried to cross the wires in the button, but after the 5 minutes, it goes off. I am interested in any information people may have about how to accomplish this. I can take any other pictures that you need. Thanks.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

There's apparently an internal timer that runs for 5 minutes independent of the position of the switch. You may have to build a circuit that will simulate the button activation every 5 minutes to continually reset the timer.

You will need a good supply of batteries since they will not last very long if you leave the projector on continuously (I estimate no more than 100 hours per set of batteries).

Thanks Carl.

So is doing that possible for someone that knows very little about small electronics? It seems to me that buying one that stays on would be better. How much time and money would it cost me to "build a circuit that will simulate the button activation every 5 minutes"?

I can also plug it into the wall. It didn't come with a cord but I can get one if I figure this part out.

Is there something I can do to simulate pressing the button on an interval, like every 3 seconds or something?

You could make a small circuit using a low voltage 555 timer such as **broken link removed** along with a transistor driver to simulate the switch. But if you're not very familiar with electronics, I would only suggest that if you are willing to spend a fair amount of time learning about electronics and how the 555 works. A Google search of "555 timer" turns up lots of information and tutorials.

Otherwise its a lot easier to just buy a plug-in version of the clock. I have one at home which has a wireless remote sensor that projects the outside temperature along with the time on the ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back