Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

KAAF Series Surface Mount RGB LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh00

I'm looking for an Eagle Library part for this LED **broken link removed**. I don't even mind if it's the wrong symbol, as long as it is the right board size/shape/etc and there are the 6 pins I need. If anyone has any idea where I might find it or has one made up or something, that'd be great. Unfortunately I need it to be right the first time. Not sure if I trust myself making one as I can never seem to get them to be quite right.

Cheers

there is a kingbright library (a couple actually) on the cadsoft website - have you checked those?

the package doesnt look too hard to draw, start with the PLCC4 led as a template (4mm sq), add an extra 0.5mm to each side and the extra pads. print off a copy and match it up to the led - repeat as needed till you get it right.

Doesn't seem to be in the Kingbright libraries.
Thing is I don't have any of the LEDs to hand right now, and wanted to get a schematic and board drawn up before ordering the parts in case I end up redesigning the board or anything like that and change what parts I use.

well if you're not settled on that led, then why do you need a package for it? just draw a 5mm box in your layout and call it done, or use the PLCC6 led which is 6mm square and replace it with the real part if you do decide to order those particular leds.

I'll have a go at creating the part now. It doesn't seem obvious from the datasheet by the way which pins are actually which colour. Any idea? Not sure what the whole "VG-A" etc stuff means.

And I didn't mean I'd change the LED used, I meant in terms of all the other components.

The colors are outlined in terms of wavelength at the top of page 3. "PB-G" has the shortest wavelength (blue), then "VG-A" (green) and "SE-E" (orange).

Match those with the diagram on page 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back