Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just wanted to say hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurff

Hi all,

I studied electronics at school ( a while ago now ;) and because all I do these days is work / sleep / kids / mortgage etc I wanted a hobbie and thought I would get back into this type of stuff.

So I thought I would join and say hello. PICs were quite new when I was into this type of thing so I am looking forward to playing.

Anyway, happy xmas guys and kind regards
Danny

Hello and welcome to the both of you newcomers. Your beginning lesson is the 1st law of electricity: do not stick your fingers in an AC wall outlet. Tomorrow we'll proceed to Lesson 2: The thrilling experience of very high voltages. By week's end, you'll learn how not to blow up electrolytics nor breathe in soldering fumes.:)

hihi,
hi,im newbie here...im having problem on posting a new forum or threads to discuss the problem i facing in my circuits...did any 1 know how to post a new forum or thread??...which column should i click??...
thanks..
phil.:)

Hello and welcome to the both of you newcomers. Your beginning lesson is the 1st law of electricity: do not stick your fingers in an AC wall outlet. Tomorrow we'll proceed to Lesson 2: The thrilling experience of very high voltages. By week's end, you'll learn how not to blow up electrolytics nor breathe in soldering fumes.:)

So the fingers in the socket is "NOT" good?

Can I still do the tongue on the 9v battery thing? :)

The tongue on the 9v battery is acceptable provided you have a diploma or certificate in a related field. If not I'd suggest that you at least have a diploma in first aid. BTW, I still do that silly trick... makes people around me laugh and raise their eyebrows... wondering WTH??

*Booked on first aid.

I was told if you can do it with a car battery then you get your "hard mans badge"...

You may survive the voltage and current but I guarantee you won't get past the sulphuric acid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back