Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just points I feel I should make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGivern

I'm a "newbie" (I think this is the word a lot of you use to describe newcomers).

I think it is very good to get advice from others with obvious experience in electrics, electronics computers, programming etc.

It is also interesting to read the questions others pose.

I feel that I might even be able to offer some advice in the future (at least on electrics, electronics is not my strong point) to some of the other members.

Last week while trying to post a reply, I had some difficulty. I spent some time typing and when i clicked on the "submit " button I got a message telling me i was not logged in at a time when I was quite sure I was logged in. When I tried to re-log I lost the complete text I had typed, this happened me twice.

I'm not sure what the cause was , it may have been that I took too long to compose the message or it may have been due to my crochety old computer. But don't worry , I intend to keep coming back.

JMcG

If this becomes a problem for you there is a very simple solution. Compose your replies in a basic text editor on your local computer and then cut and paste them for posting. This allows you the opportunity to refresh your web browser to prevent log off if you're still composing a message.

I do that often as well. Especially if I notice that my fasterfox (It's a firefox pluging whhich displays web page load time)button is still moving (on various occasions a particular thread willl take 1-2 minutes to fully load because of some delay, and if I'm typing when it finishes the whole page reloads erasing any typed text. If I'm into my second or third sentance and I see the page is still loading I copy as fast as I can. I've saved a few posts that way.

I spent some time typing and when i clicked on the "submit " button I got a message telling me i was not logged in at a time when I was quite sure I was logged in. When I tried to re-log I lost the complete text I had typed, this happened me twice.
The best solution is the cut & paste method mentioned above. Sometimes hitting the BACK button on your browser will get your message back depending on what happened.

This has happened to me the few times I posted. It seems to time out if you take a while to compose the text. Like some of the suggestions, I type everything and then select all text and copy to the clipboard. Then you can recover the text when you have to log in again.

It must be some setting on this forum, or a user setting I am missing. I don't have any problems on the other forums.

--John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back