Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just Introducing Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7jur

Hello all

I am just posting to say hello and introduce myself... I am a current student in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology and like to play with them on the side. I also dabble in Amateur Radio (screen name is my Callsign).
I hope one day i will have something in return to post besides just asking for your experience in the field

thanks,
KD7JUR

Hello!

Welcome to the forum. I am also pretty new here, the guys here are good at what they do and give plenty of help. You learn fast.

I am also doing an electronics engineering technology program, what year are you in? how do you find it?

- MoRoH

Im starting my fourth quarter next monday and actually find it so far comprehendable but, 1st quarter was "getting back into the groove of things" classes, and so far have only done DC Electronics and AC electronics (the theories of how both AC and DC work), A couple of Computer classes, and math. How ever this quarter i start into "Electronic Devices I" and if i remember correctly that's transistors. I also have a side project of my own i want to build and may come here for advice (gonna ask my instructor first).

Welcome to the site!

No Roff i don't go to BSU. Im an ITT-Tech student here. and sorry i didn't know if you were referring to another one the newbies or me that's why i asked... lol. And yes it is a very nice town, now if only we had some electronics jobs. Micron cut, HP cut, MPC is gone (gonna go check out their liquidation auction this next week) so yeah probably won't be in boise after i'm done with school.

No Roff i don't go to BSU. Im an ITT-Tech student here. and sorry i didn't know if you were referring to another one the newbies or me that's why i asked... lol. And yes it is a very nice town, now if only we had some electronics jobs. Micron cut, HP cut, MPC is gone (gonna go check out their liquidation auction this next week) so yeah probably won't be in boise after i'm done with school.
Yeah, I worked at Micron until July (or was it June?) of '07, when I retired with a little help from them. I still have friends there who are sweating bullets.:(

Welcome!:D
What bands on the amateur airwaves do you dabble on? I've been working on getting back on the HF bands. Always nice to see another ham radio operator around here.:)

Andy - KD0AEJ

If I were looking for a job today I would stay away from the publicly traded corporations. The CEO's and CFO's are
so focused on making numbers that they are willing to dump all their talent to look good for a quarter.

Look for jobs in small companies started by former HP, Agilent, Micron, MS, Tech, etc. people.

3v0

Last edited:
Welcome!
What bands on the amateur airwaves do you dabble on? I've been working on getting back on the HF bands. Always nice to see another ham radio operator around here.

Andy - KD0AEJ

I mainly Stay on 2m. only have a hand held. and am only Tech class... But as soon as i get verified i should be up on EchoLink, if you don't have it you should check it out, you can use it through the internet or Ham.

Yeah, I worked at Micron until July (or was it June?) of '07, when I retired with a little help from them. I still have friends there who are sweating bullets.

Do you live here in Boise Yourself?

I mainly Stay on 2m. only have a hand held. and am only Tech class... But as soon as i get verified i should be up on EchoLink, if you don't have it you should check it out, you can use it through the internet or Ham.

Do you live here in Boise Yourself?
Yep. I've been here for about 12 years.

Ok this is buggin me.... how the heck do i quote somebody's post... the way i did it was copy and paste...

*Edit* Never mind i found the button... must be a post limit first or something..

Last edited:

I was just recently introduced to Echolink. I haven't signed up yet. It looks kinda cool, but the allure of HF DXing with my old boat anchor radio and home made antenna is what really draws me to ham radio. I can't imagine ham radio without static crashed, having the band drop out right as the guy you've been listening to for 10 minutes gives his call and location, that awesome earsplitting howl you get when you tune over an AM boardcast station on 40 meters, that weird random QRM you find along the dial, all that good stuff:D

I was just recently introduced to Echolink. I haven't signed up yet. It looks kinda cool, but the allure of HF DXing with my old boat anchor radio and home made antenna is what really draws me to ham radio. I can't imagine ham radio without static crashed, having the band drop out right as the guy you've been listening to for 10 minutes gives his call and location, that awesome earsplitting howl you get when you tune over an AM boardcast station on 40 meters, that weird random QRM you find along the dial, all that good stuff:D

lol yeah i can understand that... if i ever get that high of band and permissions i'll have to listen for ya...

Hello everyone!
I just thought I would introduce myself here as well. I just stumbled across this forum looking up some stuff and it looks like the biggest electronics forum out there so thought I'd sign up. I'm also in the CEEN program as we call it with my major being electronics engineering. I'm 19 so I'm in my second semester. I am studying at the great land of the Peter Kiewit Institute in Omaha, NE. Is this place well heard of outside my area? Our dean of ceen apparently thinks so.

Hi all new comers welcome to the forum.

@ KD7JUR

You are lucky hope you can get a job over there after your schooling.I'm almost 7 years after schooling but still I couldn't get an electronics job over here.I'm doing some other **** here.

Are you guys like to do your profession in a different category?Any ideas!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back