Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just curious, What components do you wind up using the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious and also think it might help people who are new to electronics. So What components do you always find yourself using?

I myself personally use a lot of 100 ohm and 220 ohm resistors for LED driving from 5V, and a lot of 8 pin PIC chips , and quite often i need a 10uf or 100uf capacitor for filtering power. Pushbutton switches and 100k pull ups come in handy too.

Of course, that's me, and i do a lot of digital stuff,.

So what about you guys?

i find i end up using alot of power transistors such as a 2n3055, to name a generic one...other common transistors i use are BC559 BC546 BD139 and BD140's....all the transistors i just listed can be used in making a decent power amp. i find that i use 1k and 10k resistors commonly also

You can get "commonly used" part packs with the things that you are going to need. I go through resistors quite quickly and I buy 100R resistors in bulk, partly because it's cheap and you can easily make up values close enough (generally in tolerance) to the value that I want. BC548 and BC549 transistors go quite quickly, but I find the PNP (BC558 and BC559) types stick around quite a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back