Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JunkYard LCD's - How to use them ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply!
I have a lot of 14 pins' LCD infos,but I don't have any 16 pins' LCD infos.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

martin40 said:
Thanks for your reply!

The extra two pins are just for the backlight, nothing to do with the LCD at all! - sometimes they are fitted even if the LCD doesn't include a backlight, presumably just to standardise the PCB?. The extra two pins are pins 15 and 16, just ignore them if you don't have (or don't want to use) a backlight.

Nigel Goodwin said:
martin40 said:
Thanks for your reply!

The extra two pins are just for the backlight, nothing to do with the LCD at all! - sometimes they are fitted even if the LCD doesn't include a backlight, presumably just to standardise the PCB?. The extra two pins are pins 15 and 16, just ignore them if you don't have (or don't want to use) a backlight.

Thank you!!!
I'll try it late~~~

By the way,your icon is very interesting. :eek:

i really dont know :cry: :cry: :cry:

but i wish you good luck :wink: :D

martin40 said:

For a long time I didn't have an avatar, and wasn't bothered about one, but a thread was started 'demanding' I got one. As the thread seemed to going ON and ON, I decided it was easier to add an avatar and end the thread!.

As I'm a 3rd Dan instructor in Ju Jitsu I used the kanji character for 'Jitsu', which means 'art', technique', 'way' - that sort of thing!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
martin40 said:
Thanks for your reply!

I have tried and anatomize it.I think isn't all-purpose LCD.It's very older.It have 1 row drive and 8 tier drive,it's don't have backlight.I think it is very difficult to use.

Nigel Goodwin said:
martin40 said:

For a long time I didn't have an avatar, and wasn't bothered about one, but a thread was started 'demanding' I got one. As the thread seemed to going ON and ON, I decided it was easier to add an avatar and end the thread!.

As I'm a 3rd Dan instructor in Ju Jitsu I used the kanji character for 'Jitsu', which means 'art', technique', 'way' - that sort of thing!.

Let me have a think,do you very like wushu(martial art)?

hello,
i'm sorry beceause it is a very old post but i have just got a samsung lcd:
uc242908-gnbr3-c97090906.
it is the same that this mentioned in this post.
i would like to know if the author managed to uses it.

It is not so easy to use beceause there are 16 pin.There should be an -10V input but i'm not sure.

Thanks sylv

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back