Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug to program Microchip boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parts-man73

I bought some Pickit2 "low pin count" demo boards from Digikey a little while ago. Their description in their online catalog lead me to believe I was ordering the Pickit2 programmer, oh well, my mistake.

My question is.... if I purchased a Junebug, can an adapter be made to plug one of these boards in? I don't want to waste these boards.

Thanks,
Brian

parts-man73 said:
I bought some Pickit2 "low pin count" demo boards from Digikey a little while ago. Their description in their online catalog lead me to believe I was ordering the Pickit2 programmer, oh well, my mistake.

My question is.... if I purchased a Junebug, can an adapter be made to plug one of these boards in? I don't want to waste these boards.

Thanks,
Brian
Without even looking, I say YES! An adapter can be made fairly easily. You'll need some pin header or socket and some limited soldering skills. Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

As futz mentioned it's not too tough to build an adapter. The pinout is almost identical (I don't use the AUX/PGM pin on the main ICD connector, just ignore it on your demo board. The large 16 pin connector on the top of the Junebug has all six PICkit2 pins in the same order as a PICkit2 and can be used instead of the ICD connector if you like.

Thanks for the quick responses. I suspected it would work.

Just ordered one through your Ebay store and looking forward to it's arrival.

The large 16 pin connector on the top of the Junebug has all six PICkit2 pins in the same order as a PICkit2 and can be used instead of the ICD connector if you like.

Now that I have an assembled Junebug, I was able to test this.The header on the Microchip board plugged right into the last 6 positions of the 16 pin header. With the dip switches all set to off, I was able to successfully program the 16F690 installed on the low pin count demo board.

(See the attached picture)

Brian

Attachments

• PICT3381.JPG
    PICT3381.JPG
    782.1 KB · Views: 182
That's great, I never thought of just simply mounting on top like that! I put that 16pin connector on as a breakout for using the Junebug as a USB bitwhacker type device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back