Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomSoft said:
i know i can use the junebug as a pickit2 but i wanted to know is there a list of what PICs i can program ?
**broken link removed**

Except for the 3.3V devices, like 24H. For those you need a genuine PICkit 2. Junebug doesn't do 3.3V.

It can program most if not any 16F and 18F series chip as stated on the website. I can imagine pretty much any one. I really love my Inchworm+ :)

futz said:
**broken link removed**

Except for the 3.3V devices, like 24H. For those you need a genuine PICkit 2. Junebug doesn't do 3.3V.
NO WAY, BEAT ME BY 2 MIN :D

futz said:
**broken link removed**

I got a good deal on a Junebug which I hope to get soon. I'm curious if you can you reduce the +5v to +3.3v to program 3.3v targets? Is it more complicated than that?

akuinnen said:
I got a good deal on a Junebug which I hope to get soon. I'm curious if you can you reduce the +5v to +3.3v to program 3.3v targets? Is it more complicated than that?
Was that you I was bidding against on Ebay? I didn't try too hard. :p Already own one...

As is, the Junebug won't do 3.3V. That part got cut out to keep cost/complexity down. The original PICkit 2 has the capability. Bill is playing with ideas for a mod for Junebug so it can do 3.3V.

futz said:
Was that you I was bidding against on Ebay? I didn't try too hard. :p Already own one...

As is, the Junebug won't do 3.3V. That part got cut out to keep cost/complexity down. The original PICkit 2 has the capability. Bill is playing with ideas for a mod for Junebug so it can do 3.3V.

Probably :D
It was for a pre-built one with green LEDs. I was going to buy an unassembled kit until I saw the auction. Even though I like to build, I couldn't pass up bidding on it. Bill being active in the community is a big plus for the Junebug over other programmers. Missing out on 3.3V PIC isn't a big deal for me right now.

I'm hoping to build a Freq counter and LC meter using PIC in the future. I need them to support my radio projects.

akuinnen said:
Probably :D
It was for a pre-built one with green LEDs. I was going to buy an unassembled kit until I saw the auction.
That was you! :D

Missing out on 3.3V PIC isn't a big deal for me right now.
Ya, not a huge deal. I just recently bought a real PICkit 2 as well because I wanted to program a 24HJ12GP202.

Ok cool a real PICkit 2 isnt pricey anyway so i would consider buying one. But for now ill use the junebug...

... futz... thanks for the link

Unless you need the 3.3V stuff it'll do everything a genuine PK2 will do. If you want to dabble in high end PICs the many 30Fxxxx are 5V.
You can also hook a PK2 or another Junebug to the Junebugs 16pin header and use your Junebug as a USB experimenter.

Cant mess with the software

Remember, the voltages are controled by the software onboard the 18F2550. Comes from microchip. Unless he puts all the stuff (or most of it) that he left out you can't automatically do it.;)

To see what he did vs a real pickit2, go to microchip's web site and get the doc on the Pickit2. At the end of it is the schematics of a "real" pickit2
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back