Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug (Pickit 2) autorun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I built my Junebug today and have connected it to my current project. It works perfectly except I can't get it to run the code after programming.

I have it configured as a programmer.
I have set "program after a successful build"
I have set "run after a successful program"

But, it doesn't run. I still have to release from reset.

I thought it must be because of version 7.2 of MPLAB and so I downloaded 8.0 - still the same.

Anyone any idea?

BTW, the only down side I can see at the moment over Inchworm+ is the lack of additional power. That 1A regulator was pretty handy. Oh, and the above problem. The upside is that it seems to be much more stable.

Mike.

It remembers the settings in the instance you have active but still doesn't act on them.

No work around spotted anywhere?

ATM, I think I prefer the Junebug over the Inchworm+ as it (as yet) doesn't die every time my PC goes into standby.

Mike.

Robust little device, Since I'm not using 24Fxxx or higher yet I use my Junebug more than the Inchworm now.

Working on a simple Inchworm+ 3.3V mod, then I'll use that for the high end 3.3V only chips. (if it works...)

I found a way to get MPLAB to remember the settings. You have to add a folder called PicKit 2 to C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB IDE Common.

The autorun facility doesn't work if you have PK2 setup as a programmer. When setup as a debugger, it doesn't stop the code when you press F10. A work around is to use the pickit 2 stand alone programmer and set it to auto load and run. I can now edit my code, press f10 and 2 seconds later see the result.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back