Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug kit ready, (PICkit2 & tutor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already mailed it with a set of connectors. Digikey, Mouser, Jameco carry all the parts but it's worth taking your time and getting samples for the parts you don't have.

Thanks a bunch!

Where can I get samples of passives and switches and stuff of that sort?

The PK2 part needs no switches for operation, the one switch it uses is to repair the bootloader and should be very rarely needed. You can substitute 1/8 watt resistors for the SIP packs you need 5 per and just stand em up where you see the tiny wiggly lines on the PCB.
The Ferrite bead can be a simple wire, the transistors are common except the BS250 (it's a bit of an option if you just want a simple PK2 clone)
The 1N4148 should be an easy find too. The dip switch can be subbed with a set of jumpers thanks to a suggestion by Mike, K8LH and is only used for the Tutor part and can be skipped too.
The USB connector... At least it's a common pinout.

blueroomelectronics said:
All you have to remember is the first letter, this is kit "J" *Just another PICkit 2 compatible with a Tutor :)

So, will the next kit be the kangaroo?

Mike.

Actually I hoping for the Ladybug then Cricket followed by Giraffe. What can I say I like goofy animal names for the kits, I want to be able to retire by kit #26 (Zebra?)
X is a tough one, a sort of Hummingbird has a X in its name...

Here is a alphebetical list for your kits :D

A: Astronaut
B: Borg
C: Critter
D: Dog
E: Elephant
F: Fox
G: Giraffe
H: Hello Kitty
I: I Kit :p
J: Junebug
K: Krumlink (kinda creepy, don't use that name for a kit :D)
L: Lion
M: Monkey
N: N Kit :p
O: Octagon
P: Peanut
Q: Quail
R: Retard :p :D
S: Seal
T: ThunderCats (woot)
U: Umbrella Bird
V: Vampire (ooh Scary)
W: W Kit :p
X: Xylophonez
Y: Yo-yo (?)
Z: Zoinkeklrjlerlkejafkl;dmnsklaf;djkfe (Dunno, use that one :p)

NOTE TO ANYBODY: DONT USE THIS LIST, IT IS TOTAL CRAP :D

I'm sorry to chime in, Bill.
But if you ever decide to build a Ladybug kit, I've got to get my hands on it.

Ladybugs are my heroes.
And they are currently all gathered up on my balcony, thanks to the previous generation of ladymen, ladywomen and ladybugs whom thought it was a good idea to hide out on the balcony during the past winters. At the same time, they felt necessary to "mark their territory" and deem the area worthy for the next few generations of the lady family to sleep in.

Thus I've decided to love ladybugs. And your future ladybug kit. Ladybugs are t3h bomb.
-Omar

Last edited:
Omar be careful not to overdose on cough medicine!!!

The Ladybug may be the next kit, I have a working prototype.
Its by far the my most complex kit to date.
Ethernet ENC28J60, PIC18F4620, 25LCxxxx EEPROM, 10 super I/O, LCD / expansion connector.

My goodness Bill, now that's wicked cool!

So it could potentially be a way to set up / learn about using PIC to make a small-ish server? At least play around with internet connectivity?

Either way, that'll be fun to document!

I said I liked ladybugs before.
Now I'm in love (haha).
-Omar

Last edited:
A brilliant programmer named Jorge Amodio has modifed the Microchip stack and it can be found here http://www.ljcv.net/projects/index.html
I've contacted him and he put compiled it for my Ladybug prototype, it's quite amazing actually and could be a cornerstone of any home automation project.
Of course the Ladybug version will be fully compatible with both the Inchworm & Junebug programmers / debuggers.

One change is the use of a 9.8304MHz crystal, ideal for both a real time clock jiffy timer and perfect for a baud clock.

RS485, Ethernet + the "super I/O" represents 10 configurable I/O ports at assembly time can either be...
  • raw input (some pins Analog or Digital)
  • raw output (CCP1 & CCP2 should be available)
  • Opto input
  • Opto Output
  • Relay Output
**broken link removed**
Jorges Prototype.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back