Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JuneBug Kit from Blueroomelectronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enrico

Dear All,

I recently bought JuneBug kit through one of their retail sales office. It shall arrive in few couple week.

Meanwhile I am preparing myself to program as this seems to be my first contact with micro controllers, and naturally I got some doubts. Please see my remarks below and let me know what you can do for answer and help.

On page 6/12 of the "JuneBug Pic Laboratory Assembly Instructions" it says that the device is compatible with Microchip MPLAB IDE version 8.0x, but at same time on your web page it says compatible with version 8.x. As the most updated version of MPLAB available at Microchip website is now on its version v.8.43, I am wondering which is the correct information ?
Can JuneBug support PIC 16F84 or PIC 16F88 for programming purposes (or any PIC 16F series) ? If yes, How would it be connected to the sockets ? Any special cares ? Would also Picochip softwares compatible with it ?
Where can I find additional information about the JuneBug or perhaps more *.hex files examples ?

I cannot get in touch with Blueroomelectronics as their support e-mail always come back to me !
Thank you in advance,

It supports the same software the PICkit2 does. So it's compatible with any MPLAB the PICkit2 supports.
The 16F84 is not supported but the 16F84A is, so is the 16F88. Both those have the same programming pinouts as the included 18F1320 so in a pinch you could program them in the tutor socket BUT this would quickly wear out the DIP socket on the PCB so it would be best to use the external 2x5 or 16x1 connector to the target PIC.
In the datasheet for the 16F88 you'll see VPP, PGC, PGD, VDD (+5V), VSS (GND) just connect them to those signals on the Junebug headers.
The Firefly schematic shows a ZIF socket adapter that works with the Junebug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back