Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug ICD with MPLAB IDE + PIC18F25J10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbairos

Hello,
Im trying to use MPLABE IDE (version 8.63) , with my Junebug on a PIC18F25J10
The pic is externally powered.

Im able to use the above setup to program fine.
When I connect it says:

Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
Target power detected ( 3.14V)
PIC18F25J10 found (Rev 0x2)
PICkit 2 Ready

(And programs + verifies fine)

When I switch to the debugger (selected PicKit2) it says:

Initializing PICkit 2 version 0.0.3.63
Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
Target power detected ( 3.14V)
PIC18F25J10 found (Rev 0x2)
PICkit 2 Ready

So far so good.

When I 'run' a popup dialog comes up:

PKWarn0006: The local copy of program memory has been changed since the last program operation. Should PICkit 2 program the target (fix) before proceeding?

Whether or not I select yes, it eventually complains with another popup:

---------------------------
MPLAB IDE
PK2Error0024: PICkit 2 was unable to establish a valid Vdd on the target (Attempted 3.25V - Read 0.00V)
OK

PK2Error0028: Unable to enter debug mode
PICkit 2 Ready

Any suggestions?
The debugger settings are identical to the programmer settings:

(x) connect on startup
(x) use prog exec if available
(All other options off)

It's quite a long program, but it begins with:

#pragma DATA _CONFIG1L, _XINST_OFF_1L & _STVREN_ON_1L & _WDT_OFF_1L

I also tried with:
#pragma DATA _CONFIG1L, _DEBUG_ON_1L & _XINST_OFF_1L & _STVREN_ON_1L & _WDT_OFF_1L

Same results.

Thanks very much.
Rob.

Hi Burt. Can you be more specific? I should have mentioned I'm using the SourceBoost C++ compiler.
The only debugging option I know of is the CONFIG setting (which doesnt seem to resolve the issue).
I am able to debug the same compiled code properly using MPLAB simulator if thats relevant)
Cheers.

Hi AtomSoft.
Im looking at that thread. Not sure how I can apply it here. It just suggests to re-install MPLAB IDE and get the latest (firmware?) for ICD. Not sure what the latest firmware for JuneBug programmer is. Hoping to find out here.

I do have a cap on the VDDCORE pin.
I *think* the oscillator settings are correct. They're defined in the source code and picked up my MPLAB.
When I use MPLAB IDE simulator the clock times are expected.

Cheers,
Rob

Hey Rob, ah your using junebug lol i saw ICD and just thout ICD... Ide simulator is totally different from hardware. Also simulator alone has its own osc settings you usually have to manually set

Hi Atom. Yah Junebug ICD, not ICD. The only reason I mention IDE simulator working, is that it leads me to believe whatever debug information it uses is already in the compilation, as I don't need to change any debug setting after compilation in order to use the simulator. Good be wrong though. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back