Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

junebug and the melabs labx1 board

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackflot

hey all.

i have assembled the junebug and have if functioning perfectly. now i wanted to hook it up to my lab x1. i rewired the 10 pin connector to match the junebug icd and hooked it up.

using the picket2 sw, the 16f877 is recognized and appears to be able to see the flash mem.

when i try to use mplab and i choose the picket 2, it reports this back;

PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID: Please verify that a PIC16F887 is correctly installed in the application. (Expected ID = 0x2080, ID Read = 0x9A0)

i went into the picket2 and performed the troubleshooting and the signals all toggle correctly (1-0vdc, 4.8vdc and 11.8vdc, 39-hi/lo, 40-hi/lo). I did not hook up the 5vdc from the picket to the board as it has its own powersupply. the grounds are connected thought.

The picket sw sees it automatically yet MPLAB hates it immedialty. Any Help?

I will be taking the chip off tonite and putting it on a protoboard and run just 1, 39, 40, power and ground.

Help me

i get this error alot with mplab!!!!! sometimes deselcting the programer from the menu and reselcting helps! other than that its normaly a case for me to just keep opening and closeing mplab and waiting for it to behave

is this just with the 16f877/ it worked fine with the junebug processor.

is bluemoon still in business/ his email bounced...

i get the probs with the 18f1320 that comes with it! i think its just a bug in mplab, i will be using it later so i will take note of how i get round it and you can try it see it works for you, i have no idea why bills email is bouncing try a pm on here

What an idiot, i had the wrong micro picked, 887 instead of 877. sigh. a guy on the microchip forum found it. Now i can get going with my million dollar idea...

just a quick update in the end i solved my problems by reuploading the pickit2 software to the junebug and now it seems to be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back