Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jpeg photo player project

Status
Not open for further replies.

toybox

hi guys, i'm planning to make this jpeg photo player wherein it can play jpeg files from my flash disk, can anyone help me out? Does someone have a schematic diagram for it... coz i really dont know where to start... thanks ^^
:)

It will not be simple. If you are new to uC's you need to start with simple projects. Most common is blinking an LED. After a few months of work you may be ready to tackle this project.

To get help specific to your project we need to know what you know. Can you program and in what language. Do you know any electronics. etc

3v0

3v0,

Actually im still studying, and we are taking the subject about microcontrollers within this semester,but i need it for my proposed project, what i know is just basic electronics (sad)...
Thaks for links ^^

my idea is to use that photo player as an alternative way of presenting power point presentations, wherein the slides are saved in jpeg format, then output the slide to a TV or projector using a standard RCA jack...do you think it is possible for me?

Then I have to say it is a bad choice of project. Build on that uses what you learned so far. And maybe a bit more.

This is a very advanced project.

3v0

3v0,

Actually im still studying, and we are taking the subject about microcontrollers within this semester,but i need it for my proposed project, what i know is just basic electronics (sad)...
Thaks for links ^^

i think our professor will require us to do the blinking light by programming the PIC, i only know basic Assembly programming and it will be my first time to program after making the PIC burner circuit next week...

i got this digital photo frame block diagram, i think its the same block diagram for me if i remove some of the unnecessary parts, is the video engine indicated there an IC only?

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 187
it's for my research subject thats why im using the forum to look for some ideas, i dont really need to master each detail for the prototype, i just need to assemble it and there are existing devices that plays jpeg files such as the digital photo frame, i just need to look for the parts and the schematic diagram and somehow just simplify it... i just need a circuit that reads a jpeg file from a flash disk, then output it on a RCA jack.

I found some usb interface modules on the net, i think this might help...
I need to create the prototype coz its my ticket for graduation ^^

You should check out what's involved in getting video output from a microcontroller. There are several for AVR, not sure about PIC. Been a while, but seemed like they were barely up to the task, just to display text, simple graphics, color bars...

Are you familiar with the Jpeg standard, how it's stored, compression? Might want to check into that.

Probably a better choice would be using an SD card, instead of USB flash drive...

it's for my research subject thats why im using the forum to look for some ideas, i dont really need to master each detail for the prototype, i just need to assemble it and there are existing devices that plays jpeg files such as the digital photo frame, i just need to look for the parts and the schematic diagram and somehow just simplify it...

People seem to think because a item can be mass produced and sold for a few bucks that it is simple. Not true.

That cheap picture frame is very complex. So much so that you do not even understand what it is that you do not understand.

it's for my research subject thats why im using the forum to look for some ideas, i dont really need to master each detail for the prototype, i just need to assemble it and there are existing devices that plays jpeg files such as the digital photo frame, i just need to look for the parts and the schematic diagram and somehow just simplify it... i just need a circuit that reads a jpeg file from a flash disk, then output it on a RCA jack.

I found some usb interface modules on the net, i think this might help...
I need to create the prototype coz its my ticket for graduation ^^
Dude, take a hint!

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT!!!

You can get the code to read a MMD card but NOT a USB.

You can get the JPEG code, but the two are already far beyond the capability of most PICs.

Beyond that you need an LCD driver and an RGB to composite converter. Neither of which do you have the ability to handle either software or hardware wise.

If it is your "ticket for graduation", this project will be your ticket to a bagger position at your local supermarket!

Dude, take a hint!

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO IT!!!

If it is your "ticket for graduation", this project will be your ticket to a bagger position at your local supermarket!

Ouch! That hurts more than a rusty nail put on a park slide! But its the true.

If you still wanna make the device for your grandma, use a small PC connected to a PSOne LCD (found on ebay). The electronic work is easier, and maybe you can code some interesting way to slideshow the pictures

psone lcd - Búsqueda de imágenes de Google

Last edited:
is there an availble photo player module? or realated modules wherein i just need to interconnect it? like a kit or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back