Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Joining PCB files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

I have Eagle PCB designs I need to join in order to send out to a mfg who does everything in a large panel. There are several designs here to place on the panel, each copied several times.

Eagle sucks at this because it has to rename every component on copies. I.E. you will see R1, R2, R3 change to R11,R21,R31 when you paste the second copy of a design. The silkscreen basically becomes useless.

Anybody got an idea of the best way to do this? I hesitate to try to take another PCB program and combine it there, the tolerances are pretty tight to make best use of space and I have a hard time trusting them not to screw something up.

What's the best way to do this?

im not sure if this is wut ur looking 4:

i hit extract on a circuit that i made and saved it as an image. i then opened it in paint and colored everything black. Then i could copy and paste everything very easily. This enabled me to make about 64 little circuits (it was my first PCB so i had to have a lot of prints of the circuit so that i could get it right).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back