Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JFET and BJT amplifier tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

c36041254

Hi there,
I been out of the forum for a long time for some reasons but let me cut all that... I was trying to make a FM transmitter but I needed to revise my BJT and oscillator practicals for that, which I did moderately, I made a tutorial for those who are interested, so see the attachment.Having said all that, for JFET I have tried to derive that shockely equation in this tutorial which needed to be verified by some experienced member So I'll be grateful if any one do that for me, I refered Sedra- Smith book for that in which equation for E-MOSFET is derived, this one in attachment is for JFET.

EDIT: see appendix of attachment for that equation

Attachments

• practical circuit tutorials.pdf
    221.6 KB · Views: 1,663
Last edited:
Hi there,
I been out of the forum for a long time for some reasons but let me cut all that... I was trying to make a FM transmitter but I needed to revise my BJT and oscillator practicals for that, which I did moderately, I made a tutorial for those who are interested, so see the attachment.Having said all that, for JFET I have tried to derive that shockely equation in this tutorial which needed to be verified by some experienced member So I'll be grateful if any one do that for me, I refered Sedra- Smith book for that in which equation for E-MOSFET is derived, this one in attachment is for JFET.

EDIT: see appendix of attachment for that equation

I used to use JFETs for amplifiers but rarely do anymore. First of all, you just don't get the gain that you do with a BJT and second, they are square law devices which means there is a small linearity problem there. But they have there application. I think if I was concerned with NOT loading a very sensitive circuit and settling for any amplification at all, then yes a JFET can be very useful in buffering type application and they are very quiet devices. So if you do not attempt to achieve more than a few DB of gain thereby operating on a small portion of the load line, you will have the best overall replication of a signal. Just, not much gain.

Gain is a number (the ouput voltage divided by the input voltage), and is not measured in Volts peak-to-peak (p-p).

"deplition"? I would run all of the text through a spell checker, like the one in MSWord. I didn't check for technical accuracy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back