Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jewel Theif Inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DICKB

I assembled a Jewel Thief as per the attached image and it worked fine.
I wound a center tapped inductor on a ferrite torus, about 20 turns and it worked fine.
The ferrite is about .75 inch outside diameter and .25 inch inside diameter.

Since idle hands are the devil's playthings, I disassembled an Computer power supply and found a similar ferrite torus with two windings each about 25 turns, which I converted a fifty turn center with a center tap.

I removed the original center tapped inductor and installed the newer one.

Again it worked fine, but I am wondering if this changes the oscillating frequency or operating efficiency or other (?) characteristics of the circuit.

Can't put a scope on it because I don't yet have one.

Thanks

Last edited:
image still didn't upload

I tried editing the post but still no image, so I am going to try uploading via this reply

Attachments

• Jeweltheif1.jpg
    Jeweltheif1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 190
Unless the two cores are the same size and made of the same type of ferrite both the frequency and efficiency are likely to be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back