Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDM Programmer! PIC16F84

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purity

Hello! I am 17 years old and i am from croatia, now i have school project - graduation project - to build and now i am stuck in a world of S**t :(.

I got my self board done, and schematchis done, but i need a setup of every single part, i am very confused... So any information about JDM will be very usefull!!

Thank you!

Purity said:
Hello! I am 17 years old and i am from croatia, now i have school project - graduation project - to build and now i am stuck in a world of S**t :(.

I got my self board done, and schematchis done, but i need a setup of every single part, i am very confused... So any information about JDM will be very usefull!!

Thank you!
OK, first read : https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/circuit-impedance-loading.15292/
I build my JDM 2 years ago, and it works fine. The only problem is that JDM need's standart ports (some ports are not fully standart), so JDM won't work on notebooks (or Laptops for US memmbers)... :lol:

I have tried a JDM on my Sony Vaio and an old IBM from the Win95 days, and a friend has verified that it works on his Compaq laptop. So far, from my personal experience, JDM success rate on the US laptops has been 100%. :) Although the detractor about JDM is that people always say that it doesn't work on laptops, or at least has a good probability of failure, I've never had such a problem with it. Has anyone ever experienced, first-hand, one failing to work on their laptop, but still work on the desktop, to rule out that the programmer itself isn't broken?

bonxer said:
I have tried a JDM on my Sony Vaio and an old IBM from the Win95 days, and a friend has verified that it works on his Compaq laptop. So far, from my personal experience, JDM success rate on the US laptops has been 100%. :) Although the detractor about JDM is that people always say that it doesn't work on laptops, or at least has a good probability of failure, I've never had such a problem with it. Has anyone ever experienced, first-hand, one failing to work on their laptop, but still work on the desktop, to rule out that the programmer itself isn't broken?
I just repeated what rumors said. I never had a problem... :)

Exactly! I myself have repeated them, just cause that's what I've seen others give in their assessment. I'm beginning to wonder if it was just one dude who tried to make one and decided "This is teh sux cause it don't work on my crappy lappy" and then the legend spread. :)

bonxer said:
Exactly! I myself have repeated them, just cause that's what I've seen others give in their assessment. I'm beginning to wonder if it was just one dude who tried to make one and decided "This is teh sux cause it don't work on my crappy lappy" and then the legend spread. :)

Try reading the authors website! - the JDM programmer relies on the serial port being above RS232 standard, he's always said that - and a simple look at the original circuit soon shows you why!.

The two main free PIC programmer programs are WinPicProg (mine!, which I do free support for!) and ICProg (where the author no longer even replies to emails!).

ICProg supports JDM style programmers, and WinPicProg specifically DOESN'T (despite the fact it would require very little in the way of changes) - I suspect the lack of support for ICProg is due solely to the large number of problems with JDM programmers!.

bonxer said:
Yep, maybe that started the legend, after he read the JDM's warning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back