Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

java rs232

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone help me to write java code that send two binary bit through rs232 cable. Im doing this project whereby i have created an interface on a computer( look at the attachment). I have created the interface using jframebuilder. The rs232 cable will be connected to the computer and a circuit diagram. i want the program to work like this: if I click the button (open the blinds), 00 must be send from the computer through rs232 cable to the circuit diagram, if I click the button (close the blinfs),01 must be send. if I click the button (Turn on lights), 11 must be send and if I click the button (Turn off lights) 10 must be send.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 860
You realize you could accomplish this with a couple of ordinary wall switches, some lamp cord from the hardware store and a motor?

Point is, you're not asking your computer or uC to be anything more than connections between your finger and the objects to be controlled. Think about it.

Ok i would figure out the code by myself, can any one post links for java rs232 serail communication or any material that i can read so that at the end of the day I can be able to write the code

Processing is a programming language which is based on Java but with a heafty number of useful libraries thrown in for people that aren't interested in having to do hardcore programming, but still get access to if you want.
It actually IS Java with some extra structural layers on top that make it easier to program to newbies, and the website has full details on the libraries it uses for accessing serial ports. Also a quick Google search should net you plenty of code, Java is a very well supported programming language and this is really a poor forum to be asking the question in. There are many useful libraries in Processing with fully fleshed out examples, including graphics sound. It's primarily aimed at artists, there's a sub version of it called Wiring meant for electronics enthusiasts and it's meant to work with the Arduino daughter boards.

Processing 1.0
Wiring ALPHA 1.0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back