Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jacks and Breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

srobertjames

I have a 3M Bakelite breadboard, which works well.

I'd like to stop using alligator clips and start using 3.5mm jacks, barrel power jacks, etc.

Do I need to solder wires on, or can I get ones which I can connect without solder (perhaps crimp)?

What's the best way to physically stick jacks and terminal strips to the base of the breadboard (like I said, it's made of bakelite)? Tape? Epoxy? Plastic cement?

I personally use banana jacks. The female jacks are easy to wire crimping it between nuts or they tend to come with a solder tab as well, the male ones come in both solder and crimp style bases. I get mine at Radioshack just cause it's convenient but you can find MANY different types out there.
To mount the female jacks to a breadboard you'd drill a hole and mount them panel style. For my breadboard I used a piece of scrap particle board to mount the breadboard to with double sided tape and then mounted the banana jacks to the particle board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back