Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IT IS ALIVE! (My Computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

After 4 weeks, my computer is back :D

A ram stick died, so I had to upgrade and reinstall XP

Current status:
RAM: 2.26GB
HD: 120GB
VIDEO:Nvidea 7300 (512mb :D)
SOUND: Sound Blaster 16 Bit

:D

Pic is of insides :)

Attachments

• MY COMP.JPG
    MY COMP.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 269
well we have 3 comps, mine, teh houses, and a laptop :D

I had 70GB out of 120GB used, then I had to delete it all.

Tidy up those wires/cables. It helps a bit towards better cooling, esp. when ribbon cables are so wide.

HiTech said:
Tidy up those wires/cables. It helps a bit towards better cooling, esp. when ribbon cables are so wide.
don't have to worry bout that if you keep the side cover off, i never have mine on unless i'm transporting.

don't have to worry bout that if you keep the side cover off, i never have mine on unless i'm transporting.

People who leave the side panel off their computers piss me off! Computer cases are designed to allow peak airflow WITH the side on. Why you may ask? Just look at the way the components are positioned! With the side of the case on, air is FORCED to flow over all major components. When the side of the case is off, air will just "sit" in certain areas causing heat build up.

You want to take care of your computer? KEEP THE SIDE ON! Also, take a can of air to the insides every so often. Computers attract dust; keep them clean!

Marks256 said:
People who leave the side panel off their computers piss me off! Computer cases are designed to allow peak airflow WITH the side on. Why you may ask? Just look at the way the components are positioned! With the side of the case on, air is FORCED to flow over all major components. When the side of the case is off, air will just "sit" in certain areas causing heat build up.

You want to take care of your computer? KEEP THE SIDE ON! Also, take a can of air to the insides every so often. Computers attract dust; keep them clean!
well then i guess my temperature sensors lie to me.... :rolleyes:

Marks256 said:

My side panel isn't really a side panel. It's grating that allows for four 120mm fans to be mounted.

Almost like having the side off...:
**broken link removed**

crusty said:
120mm fans? that's puny, hell i gotta 120v 6 inch desktop fan blowing on mine.
Ran an AMD K5(? -- equiv. to the 486) without a heatsink and a 10" desktop against the case.

Worked, believe it or not...:D :D

Krumlink said:
I had to upgrade and reinstall XP
You should have to reinstall the Winwoes unless your hard drive died or the file system had become corrupt unless it's just Winwoes being a knob of course.

Krumlink said:
I had 70GB out of 120GB used, then I had to delete it all.
Even if Winwoes had gone down you shouldn't have had to delete all your stuff unless it was to corrupted to retrieve. You could have booted from a live Linux CD and copied it to DVD, CD, USB stick or USB hard drive. Even if that wasn't possible you could have installed your hard drive in another PC and copied all your files on it.

Hero999 said:
You should have to reinstall the Winwoes unless your hard drive died or the file system had become corrupt unless it's just Winwoes being a knob of course.

Even if Winwoes had gone down you shouldn't have had to delete all your stuff unless it was to corrupted to retrieve. You could have booted from a live Linux CD and copied it to DVD, CD, USB stick or USB hard drive. Even if that wasn't possible you could have installed your hard drive in another PC and copied all your files on it.

I'd like to add, don't be a n00b and make 1 large partition, make a couple different partitions, and give windoze it's own partition, and never install your programs into the windoze partition, and make back ups of your registry. You shouldn't have to re-install all that BS again, just windoze next time.

crusty said:
I'd like to add, don't be a n00b and make 1 large partition, make a couple different partitions, and give windoze it's own partition, and never install your programs into the windoze partition, and make back ups of your registry. You shouldn't have to re-install all that BS again, just windoze next time.

Or you could just do the world a favor, and save yourself time/hassle by installing LINUX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back